Dear Orthodontic Patients and Families,
Please take time to read the following important information about our new clinic procedures. We have been working hard to ensure that we have the safest possible environment (surpassing industry standards) for you, your families and our team.
OUR COVID-19 CHANGES FOR YOUR SAFETY:
1. WATCH YOUR EMAIL FOR A QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE FILLED OUT BEFORE EACH APPOINTMENT
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email - attached to the email will be a new Covid-19 screening form. This questionnaire must be filled out in the 24 hours prior to EACH APPOINTMENT. The form can be completed on your smartphone or computer.
2. EACH PERSON WHO ENTERS THE OFFICE WILL REQUIRE A MASK AND IT’S BYOM (BRING OUR OWN MASK!)
All people entering our office must be wearing a mask/scarf or similar mouth covering. We are only able to stock enough disposable masks for the use of our staff, so we ask that each person brings their own. Patients will wear their mask to the chair and remove it only for the duration of the appointment.
3. THE PARKING LOT IS THE NEW WAITING ROOM! TEXT US TO LET US KNOW YOU HAVE ARRIVED, AND WE WILL REPLY WITH DIRECTIONS.
When you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment you will be asked to send us a text message to our main office phone number (902) 435-3723 with the patient name letting us know you have arrived.eg: "John Smith has arrived for his appointment.” Our front desk staff will text you back to let you know when we are ready for you. All patients will be asked to wait in their car until we have a treatment chair ready.
4. WE WILL BE GREETING YOU BEFORE YOU ENTER OUR FRONT DOORS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE READY TO ENTER THE CLINIC IN THE SAFEST POSSIBLE WAY.
Once you receive your text confirming we are ready for you, you will proceed to the front entrance. There you will be met by one of our team members. Please note that NO ONE will be permitted to enter the building if they have not filled out the Covid-19 screening form.
5. OUR TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH HAND SANITIZER BEFORE YOU ENTER THE BUILDING AND SAY HELLO TO OUR NEW ELECTRIC DOORS FORE A HAND-FREE ENTRY TO THE CLINIC!
Our reception area will look a little different (Sadly no coffee, magazines or play space at this time!) as our waiting room will be closed with the exception for a few spots that will be clearly marked. These areas will be in accordance with social distancing requirements.
6. FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY, ONLY PATIENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CLINIC.
That means only the patient is permitted in the office for the exception of consultation appointments. Please no siblings or other guests. We will make exceptions for younger patients or those who need special assistance. In that case, one adult may accompany the patient – this person will also be asked to complete the questionnaire and wear a mask.
7. WHAT’S AN AEROSOL YOU ASK? AN AEROSOL IS A LIQUID DROPLET IN AIR. THEY MAY SPREAD COVID-19 SO WE TAKE THIS PART SERIOUSLY. WORTH A READ!
There are a few procedures we do in our office that generate dental aerosol. Covid-19 is believed to spread via aerosol so the limited procedures that we do that create these aerosols (removal of braces or aligner attachments are the most common) will be limited to closed operatories, outfitted with special ventilation. Broken brackets may or may not be able to be fixed on the main clinic floor in a way that does not generate aerosols; this will be determined by the clinic staff. In some cases, broken brackets will be rebooked so that we can properly prepare for the procedure in a private and enclosed room. We appreciate your understanding during this unprecedented time!
8. A BREATH OF FRESH AIR: WE HAVE THE CLEANEST AIR AROUND DUE TO SOME FANCY AIR FILTRATION SYSTEMS!
We have invested in multiple medical-grade air purification units (Surgically Clean Air units.- www.surgicallycleanair.com ) These units have UV/electromagnetically-enhanced HEPA filters. The SCA units were originally designed for use during the SARS epidemic to eliminate airborne pathogens in clinical spaces and are the industry leader in medical/dental air purification. Our air purification rate with these units exceeds the CDC’s best practices for health care settings. We will have these units strategically placed in the closed operatories. In addition, we have had UV light filters installed on our main HVAC system ( www.sanuvox.com) which will clean the air of the entire building far beyond industry standards!
9. OUR CLEAN REGIME. WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CLEAN FREAKS AND DON’T PLAN TO STOP. A CLEAN OFFICE IS IMPERATIVE TO YOUR SAFETY.
We have always invested in the best sterilization systems available (above the industry standards). We have placed protective barriers in our reception, consultation and business offices. The staff and doctors will also undergo daily temperature checks and screening questions to monitor our own health.
Our goal is to create your beautiful smile in a safe, clean and friendly environment!
The Team at Stuart and Davidson Orthodontics